2/02/2013

The Dogs of Winter by Bobbie Pyron

I warn you,If  you want to read this book,be prepared to cry at least seven times (Indi must be surprised she knows I never cry).I swear,I am not a emotional person, I didn't cry when Rue died in the Hunger Games and I haven't cried at any book or movie except The odd life of Timothy Green and Gregor the Overlander (the last book).I only cry occasionally when I get hurt ( say the time I got hit in the head with a baseball ).This book is about a boy named Mishka who has no family and ends up on the streets of Russia. He is five years old.He gets tossed around some places but then he finds the Dogs. He always sees stray dogs around,begging,rooting through trash cans, Etc. and he becomes fascinated with them. Eventually he leaves the group of older kids we was with and goes to live with the dogs.There are eight of them in total, and he calls them,Lucky,Rip,Smoke,Grandmother,Little Mother,and the three puppies.He grows to love them and they all protect each other. They eventually move into the woods,were they meet another pack of dogs and some other creatures.I will not tell you what happens next,You need to read it.It is a great and well written book and ends more or less happy,but it was sad at some parts.I give it a 9/10 (one point taken because of sadness)

I hope you read it,

Poodle


 image credit to:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiAVJOWPcGQyi0COEa2oKHvOQVA5IXn7pRaE1cwV91CPeJhla63RIeGzvk1LzSh6Hgv6FxXhb63ONodxrwIKcnLz3febh5H8Yo5k-na3c5bHxhDyVNCla3kxBseBeiITjHTba-lGpUcGqU/s1600/Dogs+of+Winter+cover.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment