1/15/2013

Savvy by Ingrid Law


Hey guys!sup? Savvy is a book about a girl named Mibbs (that is her nickname her real name is Mississippi) who is about to turn thirteen. In her family, when you turn thirteen you get your “savvy” or special talent. For instance, her brother Fish can alter the weather and her grandpa can move mountains, literally. She has big hopes for her savvy when suddenly her dad gets in a car accident and her mom and brother go to the hospital to stay with him. She is convinced her savvy, whatever it is, will heal her dad. So at her thirteenth birthday party, she sneaks on a bus she thinks is headed to the town where the hospital is with two of her brothers and the pastor’s kids, Will and Bobbie. They end up having a huge adventure and almost get into a lot of trouble. Overall, it is a really great book but one thing annoys me a bit. They all say things a little bit country like. They say stuff like “willy nilly” and “Ma” and stuff like that. That annoyed me a lot. Besides that, it was one of the best books I have read in a while. I would suggest it for ages ten and up. There is a companion book for it called “Scumble”, which I just started reading. So far it is pretty good. I hope you read them! 

P.S I rate this book 9/10

-Poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment